Update your home inventory list while spring cleaning.
Now that spring has sprung, many of us are reaching for the feather dusters, mops, and cleaning detergents. Spring cleaning breathes fresh air into your home at no added cost!
From donating unused items to scrubbing the skirting boards to updating your home inventory, here 're some tips to get you started!
Start Your Spring Cleaning Here:
While You 're at It €“ Clean Up Your Inventory!
- Wash and hang quilts and comforters, flip the mattress, and wash the sheets
- Dust the ceiling fans (gently!)
- Clean all light switches, molding, and door knobs
- Dust, sweep, and vacuum each room
- Move the stove, refrigerator, washing machine, and dryer and sweep behind each appliance
- Scrub out the inside of the microwave and oven
- Sort through your fridge and freezer, throwing out expired foods and cleaning the drawers and shelves
- Wash the inside and out of windows
- Mop all tile and hardwood floors (and skirting boards)
- Go through each room and remove 3 items that you never use. Declutter!
- Donate unused items and gently worn clothing to your local charity shop
We 're not talking about big businesses ' inventory here. Your home inventory is essential for your homeowners policy to protect your belongings. Be sure to update your inventory regularly to cover your expensive and valuable items!
- Add any new and recently purchased items to your home inventory to obtain coverage. If a certain item exceeds your homeowners policy, be sure to obtain a rider or additional insurance.
- Get old jewelry appraised to ensure that they are valued correctly in your policy.
- Remove any items that you 're donating, have sold, or given away from your coverage.
When deciding on a homeowners
policy that will see you through spring and beyond, contact the insurance professionals at Lofgren Agency! Our experts in Hudson, New York will match the correct policy to suit your needs, budget, and home! Contact us
today to get started on your coverage.