More and more people are taking the plunge to become freelancers and step out of the office and ordinary 9-5 role. While there are many benefits to freelancing, such as determining your own work hours and who you want to work with, there are some overlooked areas of concern. Whether you’re already a freelancer or you’re considering leaving the corporate world, the right commercial insurance in Millerton, NY can help protect you.
Why freelancers can benefit from securing insurance
Even if you work from home as a freelancer, you still have assets that you need to protect. If a fire occurs or a client sues you for financial losses, your freelancing business could be in hot water. Could you afford these expensive disasters?
Finding the right insurance for your area of expertise can help protect your business, Work with a qualified insurance agent to determine what commercial insurance is right for you. Consider the following coverages:
- General liability insurance. This policy kicks in when someone seeks compensation for a bodily injury they suffered on your premises or property damage caused by your work. General liability insurance may also cover claims of slander, libel, or copyright infringement.
- Property insurance. If you own commercial property or expensive equipment, you should take out a commercial property insurance policy. Your homeowners insurance will not cover your business equipment if they are damaged or lost in a disaster.
- Professional liability insurance. Also known as errors and omissions insurance, this policy covers legal expenses when a client claims your negligence caused by financial losses.
Depending on your industry and assets, you may also want to consider
- Commercial umbrella policy
- Commercial auto insurance
- Cyber liability insurance
Talk to a professional agent to secure the right coverage for your freelancing business. At Kneller Agency, we work with you to find reliable and suitable commercial insurance to protect against the unexpected. Visit us today in New York to get started on your tailored coverage.
Comments are closed.