Business Insurance in Columbia County, NY
Whether you’re a startup, small business, or an excelling large company, business insurance in Columbia County, NY can protect your journey.
As a business owner, you have a lot on your mind on a daily basis. You have likely invested a significant amount of time, energy, and money into your venture and strive every day for it to succeed and excel. Unfortunately, many business owners forget that they are not immune to risks that can have devastating effects on a company’s assets. Business insurance in Columbia County, NY can help to safeguard your business so that you can keep the doors open.
Common Business Insurance in Columbia County, NY
- Property Insurance. Property insurance compensates a business if the property used in the business is lost or damaged by a covered peril, such as fire or theft. Depending on the type of policy, property insurance may include coverage for equipment breakdown, removal of debris, and other types of losses.
- Workers’ Compensation. Once the first employee has been hired, workers’ compensation is an absolute must-have. This will cover medical treatment as well as disability and death benefits in the event an employee is injured or dies as a result of his work with that business. Even if the work environment is seemingly low-risk, slip-and-fall injuries or medical conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome could result in a steep claim.
- Liability Insurance. A business can face substantial losses if it is found liable for harm to others. Other businesses or individuals can bring a claim for breach of contract, physical harm, and more. This coverage pays damages for which the business is found liable, up to the policy limits. It can also include attorneys’ fees and other legal defense expenses arising from the claim.
- Property Insurance. Whether your business owns or leases the space, property insurance is necessary. This insurance covers equipment, signage, inventory, and furniture in the event of a covered peril. Please note that mass-destruction events like floods and earthquakes are generally not covered and so separate coverage should be obtained.
Our business insurance policies also include:
- Commercial vehicles
- Group benefits
- Excess liability/umbrella coverage
No matter how large or small your business may be, our insurance experts are committed to providing you with the top business insurance in Columbia County, NY to meet your needs.