Gather This Information To Make Your Process Quick And Easy
You have been in an accident. Now what? After you shake off those first jitters that come with any traffic accident—even just a fender bender—your next step is filing a claim with your insurance provider. If you need to submit a vehicle damage claim or any other type of claim, there are a few pieces of information you need to collect before calling your insurance provider. To make sure you have the proper pieces in place, here is a short checklist. You will need:
- Information about the accident, including the location of the accident and the time at which is occurred. You will also need the full name of all involved drivers. Write a brief description of the accident to help with your claim, and collect any photos of the scene of the accident or property damaged during it.
- Your insurance policy number and the insurance information for every other party involved in the accident.
- Information about your vehicle, including its make, model, and year.
- If injuries occurred during the accident, collect brief descriptions of each injury, as well as contact information for the injured person.
- If your vehicle was towed away from the scene of the accident, make sure you have the address of its current location.
Do you have the auto insurance coverage you need to ensure you are fully protected after an accident? Serving Hudson, Chatham, and all of New York, contact Lofgren Agency for all of your insurance needs. Our dedicated team of agents is here to ensure you have the right level of auto insurance at the right price. To work with a team that will ensure your claim is properly filed so your coverage can best serve you, call us today!