Work Spring Ingredients Into Your Meal
Because you value your family 's health, you want to cook with seasonal ingredients. Incorporating what is growing now into your meals makes healthy eating its most flavorful. So you can make the most of your dinnertime, we want to offer one of our favorite spring recipes: Fava Beans & Peas Pasta. To make it, you will need:
- 1 ½ cups of shelled fava beans
- 6 ounces of bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 bacon slices, cut to ½ in pieces
- 1 ½ cups of red onion, sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of fresh shelled peas
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 ½ ounces of pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- ½ cup of torn basil leaves
Boil a large pot of water. Add the fava beans and cook them for one minute. Drain and rinse them with cold water. Remove the outer skins.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add the bacon, and cook until it begins to brown (3 minutes). Add the onion and garlic, and sautÃ© for another three minutes. Add the mushrooms; sautÃ© for three minutes more. Add in the fava beans and peas, and let sautÃ© for two minutes. Finally, add in the oil, pasta, lemon juice, and salt, and cook until everything is heated through (2 minutes).
Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in 3 tablespoons of the cheese. Divide the pasta into four bowls and top with the rest of the cheese and the torn basil. Dig in!
We hope you enjoy this fresh spring pasta recipe! Contact
Lofgren Agency for all of your insurance coverage needs in Chatham, Hudson, and all of New York.