Your homeowners insurance in Hudson works to protect your house and family.
Homeowners, are you aware of the top threats that linger in your home? While you may not realize it, there are more common hazards that lurk around a house. Check out these safety hazards around your home, how to keep your family safe with simple solutions, and secure reliable homeowners insurance in Hudson.
Injuries from falls are the most common household hazard. In fact, one out of five older adults who falls suffers from a broken bone or head injury. Bad lighting, scattered toys, and slippery surfaces all create the potential for falls. Make sure that you stay on top household cleaning and tidying so that your loved ones stay safe.
- Clear outdoor steps, ensuring they are free from debris, ice, and snow. Add secured mats or grip tape to make surfaces less slippery.
- Use rugs and non-slip stickers in the bathroom.
- Stow away the children’s and pet’s toys when they are not in use.
Hundreds of thousands of fires occur in U.S. homes every year, causing everything from mild smoke damage to complete devastation, including deaths. Luckily, there are ways to prevent a fire from getting out of hand.
- Install fire alarms and change their batteries often
- Monitor candles by never leaving them unattended or in reach of children or pets.
- Unplug appliances when not in use
- Purchase a fire extinguisher
Low exposure to carbon monoxide can cause headaches and dizziness, while high levels cause vomiting, distorted vision, and even death. Control your risk of CO poisoning:
- Install a CO detector and test the batteries often
- Keep up home maintenance by inspecting for CO leaks from your HVAC system, water heater, and other appliances that use oil, gas, or coal.
Now that your home is clear of clutter and with the right alarms in place visit the professionals at Lofgren Agency in Hudson, New York, to determine the right homeowners insurance to protect your home this year and beyond.