Halloween shouldn 't be a nightmare €“ Review your homeowners insurance in Hudson, NY.
Halloween night is approaching, and that means a night of fun, trick-or-treating, carving pumpkins, eating candy, and spooky thrills! While Halloween is often all fun and games, there are certain risks that this night poses for homeowners. What can be harmless fun could rapidly turn into fire, theft, or worse. Before the night, be sure to review your homeowners insurance
in Hudson, NY.
Homeowners, take precautions before the trick-or-treaters come knocking! Whether you are going all out this year by dressing your home into a haunted house or simply handing out candy to your neighborhood's youngsters, a quick safety check will ensure a happy night of haunting.
- Little Monsters: Keep your little and large trick-or-treaters in check by reminding them not to run, but walk and stick to lit pathways.
- Light It Up: Choose LED tea lights or strings of lights instead of real candles. That includes indoor jack-o '-lanterns too!
- Make Way: Ensure that the pathway to your home is kept clear of any wires, and don 't let any tombstones, fake cobwebs, or zombies obstruct the path. While you 're at it, keep sufficient lighting on the path so that people can see where they 're walking.
- Four-Legged Furries: For some pets, the excitement of new people and smells constantly at the front door can be overwhelming. On the other hand, some pets may get so scared of the frequent visitors that they dart out of the house. Keep your pets in a separate room away from the trick-or-treaters so that they 're kept safe.
- Review, Amend, Protect: Your property could face insurance claims and lawsuits if safety goes awry on Halloween night. Evaluate if your liability coverage is sufficient and if threats such as vandalism and fires are a covered peril in your homeowners insurance.
Ensure that you have the necessary homeowners insurance
in Hudson, NY in place before Halloween night. Contact
Lofgren Agency for the quality coverage that your home needs and deserves in New York and beyond.