Keep the season of giving going year round with these great ways to give locally!
Giving back isn’t limited to the holiday season. Make a New Year’s resolution to give locally year round! Spread kindness in your community with these great ways to give back!
- Offer to help an elderly neighbor with household chores like raking leaves or shoveling snow.
- Look through your pantry or stop at the grocery store and donate non-perishable food to a local food bank.
- Bake cookies and deliver them around the neighborhood.
- Send a letter to military personnel to thank them for their service. Your appreciation goes a long way!
- Donate clothes to a local shelter. Forget spring cleaning, and go through your closets in the winter! Due to colder weather, shelters need more coats and blankets to keep everyone warm.
- Spread the love. Give a stranger a compliment or even just a simple smile. Your kind actions will brighten someone’s day!
- Visit your local fire or police station with baked goods. Let your local emergency response members know they’re valued by the community.
- Volunteer to serve meals at a local soup kitchen.
- Shop locally. Support your community’s local businesses!
- Donate books to your community’s library.
- Bring toys to your local children’s hospital.
- Offer to babysit a friend or relative’s child so they have a little time to themselves.
- Volunteer for a local organization.
- Donate pet supplies to a local animal shelter.
- Rather than giving someone a gift, consider donating to a charity in their name.
- Make care packages for the people at your local homeless shelter.
- Pay it forward. Do something nice for a stranger, like offering to pay for someone’s coffee at the local coffee house.
Lofgren Agency would like to wish you and your family a happy new year! Lofgren Agency in New York serves all your personal and business insurance needs in Chatham, Hudson, and beyond! Contact us for more information.