Check out the benefits and uses of lavender.
Lavender is one of the most used herbs, known for a variety of properties. This herb is one of the most versatile out there: it can be used in baking, lotion making, gourmet cooking, tea making, sleep aid, and more! There are so many benefits and uses of lavender – Read on for a few!
It comes in many forms. You can buy lavender in the forms of essential oil, soap, hand lotion, bath bombs, seeds to grow yourself, and the dried herb.
It heals. Lavender is well-known to be anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, and antibacterial. From a dry scalp to high blood pressure to easing motion sickness, lavender has powerful healing properties.
It calms. Lavender has a calming scent, which makes it an excellent tonic for the nerves and anxiety issues. It’s frequently used in treating migraines, headaches, depression, and emotional stress as the refreshing aroma removes nervous exhaustion while increasing mental activity.
It aids sleep. The essential oil induces sleep, which has made it a common recommendation for an alternative of insomnia!
- Apply lavender oil to insect bites to neutralize pain and swelling almost immediately.
- Place the dried herb on your pillow during the day so that you can breathe in the scent of lavender before you sleep.
- Buy a lavender bath bomb to de-stress after a long day!
- Diffuse lavender essential oil to deodorize any room and lift your spirit.
- Add lavender to your linen closet to repel moths.
- Dilute lavender oil in aloe vera to treat sunburns.
- Add lavender oil to a plain face cream to inhibit the bacteria that causes acne.