Before you break out the BBQ sauce, follow these safety tips!
Nothing says summer in the U.S. quite like a sizzling barbeque. After all, Americans are famous for celebrating major holidays around this outdoor grill. Whether you’re firing up the coals, gas grill, or a good old-fashioned campfire, outdoor cooking and grilling is a great way to make healthy family meals all summer long. Whatever grill you’re using, it’s imperative to use it properly. These barbeque safety tips can help!
Read on for nifty tips to stay safe this season!
- Always keep grills outside and away from exterior walls.
- Read the owner’s manual!
- Place the grill on solid and stable ground.
- Keep children and pets stay away from the grill at all times!
- Avoid wearing loose clothing that may have hanging shirt tails, frills, or apron strings that can catch fire.
- Use long-handled utensils to keep your body as far from the heat source as possible.
- Keep food cold until it’s time to cook and always check the internal temperature of meat to ensure it’s fully cooked.
- Be ready to extinguish flames. Use baking soda to control a grease fire and have a fire extinguisher handy. A bucket of sand or a garden hose should be nearby if you don’t have a commercial extinguisher!
- Never leave the grill unattended once lit.
These barbeque safety tips will help you have a fun, stress-free time using your backyard grill! So that your house is fully protected throughout barbeque season and beyond, contact Lofgren Agency for your homeowners insurance needs in Hudson, New York.