Steer clear of danger with these Thanksgiving safety tips for the home.
Thanksgiving is almost here, and many of us are gearing up for one of the best feasts of the year. Thanksgiving is a holiday that brings friends and family together to share quality time together. In the preparation and midst of all of this festive activity, it’s easy to forget about important safety tips. With health hazards and an increased risk of food poisoning and kitchen fires, keep these Thanksgiving safety tips in mind throughout your festivities!
Following these food safety tips to keep your family and friends from getting sick!
- Safely cooking a turkey starts with correctly defrosting it! Place it on a tray or pay and keep it refrigerated until it’s thawed out and ready to cook.
- Leftovers need to be refrigerated within two hours of serving.
- If you’re not completely comfortable in the kitchen, opt for a nut roast or Tofurkey vegetarian main meal.
The average number of cooking fires on Thanksgiving triple that of a typical day. Avoid fires with these tips!
- Never leave pans on the stovetop unattended. Never leave your home when the oven is on, too!
- Pot holders, oven mitts, food wrappers and other things that may catch fire should be kept away from the stove at all times.
- Children should be kept away from the kitchen when there you’re using a knife, when the stove top is on, and when boiling water.
- Avoid wearing long sleeves and loose clothing as it can easily catch fire.
- Clear the kitchen on any toys or items on the floor before you begin cooking.
From the insurance professionals at Lofgren Agency, we hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving day – and a safe one from these tips! For all of your insurance needs in Hudson and surrounding areas in New York, contact us today!