Avoid These Common Accident Pitfalls
Life is what we make it. Some of us choose to make it wild, adventurous – and potentially life-threatening. While there’s no harm in having a thrill-seeking side, there are some potential dangers you should know about and avoid. Take a look at these common pitfalls of life and how to avoid accident and injury.
Motor Vehicle Accident
Accidents happen. Unfortunately, not all of us are safe behind the wheel, and crashes can cause vehicle damage, injury, and fatalities. To help stay safe on the road, be sure to:
- Obey the speed limit at all times
- Drive defensively. Understand that not everyone behind the wheel is aware and considerate of how they drive
- Always fasten your seatbelt
Physical activity is an important part of our everyday life. However, certain precautions should be taken to remain safe when engaging in certain activities, such as:
- Wear a helmet – whether you’re hitting the slopes or playing baseball
- Use the buddy system where you avoid exercising alone
- Listen to your body. If you’re aching or something doesn’t feel right – take a break and assess the situation
- Drink plenty of water. It’s easy to become dehydrated while exercising
Boating may seem like harmless fun, but the worst can happen on the water as it can on land. It’s imperative to take every precaution prior to going out on the water.
- Wear a life jacket at all times
- Check the weather conditions. Do not go out if there is rain a storm in view
- File a float plan that details your boating excursion so that someone knows where you are
Along with these tips and a reliable life insurance policy, you can have the peace of mind that your family is protected if the worst happens. Need help selecting the right insurance? We can help. The team at Kneller Agency is here to help with all of your life insurance needs. Visit us today in New York to get started.
Comments are closed.