Tips for Responsible Holiday Decorating
Nothing ruins the festive season quicker than an accident, injury, fire, and high expenses to go with it. That is why you should consider safety before you get the holiday decorations out from the attic. Before you start untangling those lights and lighting the candles, make sure your decorating is done with care. To keep your home and family safe, decorate with safety in mind and review your homeowners insurance in Red Hook, NY.
- Always inspect light cords and extension cords before using them. If they have frayed wiring, dispose of them and use a new set.
- Avoid running cords of any type underneath rugs and furniture.
- Avoid overloading electrical circuits.
- Never use interior lights on the exterior of the home.
- Unplug all festive lights and blow out all candles before leaving the house or going to bed.
- If you’re putting up an artificial Christmas tree, make sure it’s fire-resistant.
- If you’re opting for a fresh tree, remember to keep it hydrated.
- Keep the tree out of foot traffic areas and away from heat sources.
- Test your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors. Refresh the batteries if necessary.
- Keep an eye on children and pets around holiday decorations. Place candles and lights out of their reach.
We hope that you and your family have a fun time decorating your property! When things go wrong, homeowners insurance can help. When you’re looking for homeowners insurance, contact your insurance professionals at Kneller Agency. Our dedicated experts are ready to assist you with all your home insurance needs.
Comments are closed.