More Information About Non-Owner Auto Coverage

Do you regularly drive someone else’s vehicle? Perhaps it’s a friend’s from work, a relative’s, or your neighbor’s vehicle. If so, you may need to secure non-owner car insurance in Red Hook, CA. This coverage provides liability protection when you do not have a car and drive one that isn’t yours. In turn, this means that you are better protected on the roads.

Who needs non-owner car insurance?
If you don’t have a car and drive one that isn’t yours, you may need non-owner car insurance. If you borrow a car from someone in your home, non-owner car insurance may not be right for you. In this case, you should be listed on the car owner’s policy.

You may need non-owner car insurance if you don’t own your own car and you:

  • Need an SR-22 form filed on your behalf to prove that you have car insurance after a serious conviction.
  • Use a car-sharing service such as Zipcar and Car2Go.
  • Want to maintain continuous auto insurance coverage.
  • Rent vehicles frequently.
  • Borrow other people’s cars often.

What does non-owner car insurance cover?

A non-owner car insurance policy generally includes only the required coverage in your state, although it is possible to select higher limits. These may include:

  • Liability coverage for property damage and injuries you cause to others (except your passengers)
  • Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, which protects you if you’re injured in an accident caused by a driver who has no or too little insurance.
  • Medical payments or personal injury protection that pays for your injuries after an accident, regardless of who is at fault.

Ready to get started on non-owner car insurance? Not sure if you need it? We can help determine your needs. Call the professionals at Kneller Agency today to get started on quality coverage you can count on.

Comments are closed.