Home Improvement Tips for a Safer Environment
For most homeowners, home improvement is a never-ending process. It can be time-consuming and a hassle to stay on top of your property. However, there are plenty of simple maintenance tasks and other improvements you can handle to make your home safer. Here are a few to get you started.
You need running water in your home €“ but not water running into
your home. Even minor leaks can cause damage and expensive repairs. Here are some easy ways to help prevent leaks and burst pipes:
- Check your appliances often. Ensure that the hoses are tightly fit into your washer and dishwasher. Replace the hoses if needed.
- Water pressure that is set too high can cause pipes, hoses, and water lines to leak or burst. Watch the pressure to ensure that it does not peak too high.
- Consider installing water sensors that alert you if there are leaks or bursts in the pipes.
Homes are a common place for falls and trips to occurs. From children to older adults, everyone is at risk. Keep your loved ones and guests on their feet with these tips.
- Reduce clutter around the home. Make sure toys and furniture are not placed in areas of high traffic.
- Ensure all stairways have sturdy rails. Consider adding non-slip strips to exterior steps.
- Make sure there is plenty of light around your property as it can be hard to walk safely when you cannot see ahead.
When was the last time you considered your home 's air quality? There are plenty of ways to help your loved ones breathe a little easier.
- Ensure you have working carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
- Check your filters and air ducts.
- Consider adding some of nature 's air filters in your property €“ plants! Spider plants, Aloe Vera, and ivy are great additions to a home 's air supply.
- Regularly clean your house to minimize the buildup of dust.
Home improvement doesn 't always mean remodelling a kitchen. Making your home a little bit safer may be the best improvement of them all.
When you 're looking for homeowners insurance
your insurance professionals at Kneller Agency
. Our dedicated experts are ready to assist you with all your home insurance