What better for a St. Patrick’s Day recipe than little green truffles?
While many of us are prepping green t-shirts, others are eyeing up green bagels, green Guinness, and other tempting treats this holiday. While it’s only fitting that you indulge in green fancies on St. Paddy’s day, we’ve conjured up the ideal treat for St. Patrick’s Day recipe: peppermint matcha truffles! Not only are they tasty, but they contain matcha powder, which is full of healthy antioxidants!
Whip these up for your celebrations of March 17th!
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- A pinch of sea salt
- Sugar-free chocolate, melted
- Put all the ingredients, except for the chocolate, into a food processor.
- Blend until all are combined.
- Using your hands, mold the mixture into balls and press firmly. A rolling action won’t work that well as the coconut will crumble, but if you press the mixture into ball shapes, it sticks together just fine. If you find your mixture is a bit dry and isn’t sticking, just add a little more coconut oil.
- Pop the balls into the freezer for 5 minutes while you melt the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate and gently dunk each ball in, placing on a lined baking tray. Once all have been dunked, allow them to set in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Keep in the freezer and allow to thaw for a couple of minutes before eating.
From the professionals at Lofgren Agency, we hope that you enjoy this delightful St. Patrick’s Day treat! For the insurance that you need and deserve in Hudson, New York, contact our reputable team today.