Dive head first into the season of spring with this recipe!
Now that spring is upon us in Hudson, New York, the warmer weather has many turning to light salads instead of warming soups and stews.
To get into the season, whip up this watercress, avocado, and tangerine salad today!
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped shallots
- 3 Tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. minced, peeled fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 6 cups trimmed watercress sprigs (2 bunches)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 tangerines, peeled, and sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into ½-inch wedges
1) Whisk together shallots, vinegar, vegetable oil, ginger, and sesame oil in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2) Toss together watercress and mushrooms in large bowl with half of dressing. Spread salad out on medium platter. Tuck tangerine slices and avocado wedges in between watercress sprigs. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad.
From the insurance professionals at Lofgren Agency, we hope that you enjoyed this spring salad. For all of your insurance needs in Hudson, New York, contact us today!