Read on for top tips on how to lower the cost of your homeowners insurance in Hudson!
Homeowners are always looking for ways to save money. Whether you’re a first-time buyer or have owned the house for 10 years now, it’s a priority to get the most coverage for each buck you fork out every month for your homeowners insurance in Hudson, NY.
Fortunately, there are simple (and easy!) ways to lower your premium without sacrificing valuable coverage!
- Raise your deductible. As with any insurance policy, if you opt to pay a higher deductible (the money that you have to pay forward before your insurance company starts to pay a claim), you’ll save more money on your premium. Only do this if you can commit to the higher out-of-pocket expense.
- Bundle your policies. Most companies that sell homeowners insurance also sell auto and umbrella liability insurance. If you bundle your policies together under one insurer, you may receive a discount and you get to enjoy only managing one account – win-win!
- Make your home safer. Many insurers offer a discount for those homes that have additional safety features, such as smoke detectors, fire alarms, and security systems.
- Don’t underinsure. Insufficient coverage takes money from your pocket! Whenever a life-changing event occurs, talk to your insurer to maintain the right limits and coverages. Every few years, ask your insurer for a customized estimate of your home’s replacement cost. To protect against the surge in the price of materials and labor that can follow a natural disaster, buy an extended coverage rider!
- Talk to the professionals at Lofgren Agency! Our team is dedicated to finding reliable insurance for each homeowner without reducing the protection that is right for their house and finances.
We serve families through quality homeowners insurance in Hudson, NY and the surrounding cities. Call Lofgren Agency to get a policy that suits your needs, budget, and home!