Create a Posture Friendly Workstation
Employees who sit in front of a computer all day are likely to suffer from aches and pains caused by bad posture. This causes muscles to work harder when they are held in prolonged positions. You can eliminate these discomforts by adjusting your workstation.
Follow these 6 simple steps to reduce stressful positions:
- Use a chair with an adjustable backrest and armrest. When seated properly, your elbows should be at a 90-degree angle.
- Use a 2-inch inclined footrest. This will reduce static pressure on the back of the legs while seated for several hours at a time.
- Adjust the keyboard height and angle to to meet your hands from your elbows at 90-degrees.
- Make sure you can stretch your legs out underneath the desk.
- Raise the the screen for it to be at eye level and tilt it up to avoid glare. You will be able to scan the screen without having to lower your chin or crane your neck.
- Make a conscious effort to maintain correct composure. Sit up straight in your chair, and let your neck and shoulders to relax.
In addition to this, be sure to get up often and walk around to get your blood flowing and stretch your muscles. By retaining good posture, and following these tips, you will reduce the aches and pains from the grind of every day work.
If you would like to talk to an auto or homeowner’s insurance expert in Hudson, NY, contact Lofgren Agency today.