Your Holiday Survival Guide to Hangovers
With festive fun well underway across the country, we’re in the thick of the holiday season. For many, the holiday spirit comes a headache the morning after. To help prevent the dreaded hangover, read on.
- Never go out drinking on an empty stomach. Fill up on a meal that’s high in carbs beforehand which can help to slow down your absorption of alcohol.
- Drink a glass of water after every alcoholic beverage. Since alcohol dehydrates you, it’s important to rehydrate as often as you can.
- Avoid dark-hued drinks. Darker alcoholic beverages contain natural chemicals known as congeners which irritate blood vessels and tissue in the brain. In turn, this can make hangovers even worse. Stick to light or clear spirits such as gin and vodka.
- Eat foods that are rich in potassium (such as bananas), magnesium, iron, and zinc to increase your vitamin intake and keep you going.
- Keep an eye on your glass that may get topped up throughout the night. Even if you’ve only finished your drink once, it may have been topped up two or three times, meaning you have consumed more than you think.
- Drink water before you go to bed to stay hydrated.
We hope that you have a safe and fun festive season! For all of your personal and commercial insurance needs, contact the team at Kneller Agency today.
Comments are closed.