Protecting Your Home Against Burglars
Homeowners are always looking to better protect their properties. Naturally, you want to keep your beloved belongings and loved ones safe. While it’s still common practice to lock doors and check windows are shut, the advancement of technology has allowed us to safeguard our homes from thieves even more so. Not only that, but having a security system in place can earn you a lower premium on your home insurance in Valatie, NY.
Companies offering home alarms and other security systems offer the opportunity for you to choose how involved you want to be with the unit’s setup. Just a few home security technology devices to consider are:
- Smart cameras – Placement of cameras all over the house can be viewed from most devices. They usually connect to smartphones via apps, allowing you to keep tabs on your home remotely.
- Sensors – This includes a variety of types of motion detection technology. You can opt for classic infrared light detection.
- Floodlights – Motion-activated floodlights are ideal for catching a potential thief in their tracks. These lights help to keep burglars at bay and allow for easier identification if caught in the act.
- Keyless systems – A keyless system allows you to remotely control your home’s front door. Instead of leaving a key outside for a service person, you can give them a code that allows temporary access. In general, a hybrid system that includes both a key and a code is advisable.
- Home automation – Automation helps you to make it look like someone is home even when they aren’t. For example, you can set the lights, TV or even dishwasher to run while you are gone. Any amount of feeling that someone is home should scare off most intruders.
Learning what you can do to protect your home is part of our mission in providing you with the best possible insurance coverage. When you’re looking for homeowners insurance, contact your insurance professionals at Kneller Agency. Our dedicated experts are ready to assist you with all your home insurance needs.
Comments are closed.