You need a good car emergency kit and Hudson, NY auto insurance policy to be safe out on the road!
Each time you get behind the wheel, you do it with a plan. Whether you’re aiming to get from point A to point B or just enjoy yourself on a leisurely cruise, there’s a point to your drive. That purpose can quickly get derailed, though!
If you find yourself facing an unexpected crisis out on the road, having a good car emergency kit and a good Hudson, NY auto insurance policy will go a long way towards protecting you.
To create a solid car emergency kit, make sure you have these items:
- First aid kit: Every year, make sure you replace any items that have expired in your kit.
- Cell phone charger: Keep a fully charged portable charger in your kit so you can re-power your phone.
- Jumper cables: Make sure yours are at least ten feet long and have a coating of 8-guage rubber or more.
- Spare tire: It’s not just enough to have a spare; you also need to periodically check that it’s properly inflated.
- Waterproof flashlight: Make sure you stock your kit with extra batteries for it, too.
- Food and water: Pack at least a gallon of drinking water and plenty of nonperishable snacks, preferably some that have protein.
- Extra clothing: Keep yourself warm by tossing in a blanket and a rain poncho.
- Tow strap: Make sure yours can sustain 6,000 pounds or more.
Another key component of protecting yourself and your vehicle out on the road is carrying the right auto insurance in Hudson, NY. To find out of you have the policy you need, contact Lofgren Agency. We have years of experience protecting drivers in Hudson, Chatham, and the neighboring New York cities and will use our expertise to safeguard you and your ride.