Heading out to camp underneath summer night skies? Take these must-haves.
Camping is one the best activities to do in the summertime. It offers freedom, fresh air, and fun! But we’re not done. It does require a little preparation before you go roughing it in the woods.
What you should take on your camping trip depends on what type of trip you have in mind. If you plan to hike the hills for a weekend, you’ll need more supplies than if you head out on a last-minute night under the stars.
Either way, don’t leave home without these camping trip essentials:
- First aid kit – Burns, scratches, cuts, or bumps – one of these is bound to happen on an active camping trip, making a first-aid kit one of the most important camping essentials you could bring.
- Sleeping bags and blankets – The temperatures plummet once the sun goes down, and with a dwindling fire outside, you’ll need to stay warm in your tent. Speaking of…
- Tents – After all, you’ll need something to sleep in!
- Matches – Unless you’re a veteran boy scout, chances are you need some sort of flame to start a fire. Without a fire, you have very limited food options and a chilly night ahead. Buy matches in bulk.
- Rope – Rope has so many uses at a campsite, especially if you can tie a variety of knots. You can make a clothes line for wet clothes, hang your coolers from a branch at night, and tow people out of a tight situation on a hike. Don’t go camping without a rope!
- Flashlight – Stumbling to the bathroom after dark or sneaking a midnight snack, you should always have a flashlight at hand – along with extra batteries.
- Paper map – Cell phones can lose signal, battery, and Wi-Fi. Always take a backup map; you can never go wrong with a paper map (unless it’s severely outdated)!
- Pocket knife – A Swiss Army Knife is a camping essential that takes up almost no space in your bag. With this, you’ll have a knife, corkscrew, scissors, and more, all at hand!
Now that you’re all set to head off with these camping trip essentials, take a moment to review your insurance policies. For reliable policies that suit your needs, budget, and assets, contact Lofgren Agency, serving Hudson and neighboring cities in New York.