Easy Ways to Celebrate Earth Day
Earth Day comes every April, and with it our annual reminder to be a little kinder to our planet. This year, on April 22nd, choose to make more environmentally-friendly decisions that can help our home – our only home. Humans are responsible for a lot of destruction, pollution, waste, deforestation, ocean dead zones, species extinction, and more. Although going green can seem like a daunting task, it doesn’t have to be. A few simple changes in your daily routine is all it takes to make a big impact on the earth. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Turn off the faucet when not in use
- Eat more plant-based meals a week, cutting back on meat and dairy
- Swap plastic bottles for glass or metal
- Choose reusable coffee and tea cups
- Take a reusable bag to the grocery store instead of picking up plastic bags
- Wash some laundry on a cool setting
- Walk or bike for short journeys
- Recycle! Most glass, plastic, aluminum, and paper can be recycled now
- Go paperless! Receive bills, statements, and notifications via email rather than snail mail
- Turn off lights when not in use
Let us know you’re celebrating Earth Day! For all of your personal and commercial insurance needs, contact the team at Kneller Agency.
Comments are closed.