What to consider when getting mobile home insurance.
If you own a mobile home, also known as a manufactured home, you’ll need to get insurance on it just as you would a traditional home. Even though your home was built in a factory rather than on-site, it still deserves a certain amount of insurance to protect it. However, standard home insurance policies generally won’t cover manufactured homes because of their unique construction and vulnerability to certain weather. Instead, mobile homeowners need to get mobile home insurance to protect their property in case disaster strikes.
What mobile home insurance covers
A standard mobile home insurance policy typically includes the following coverages:
- Physical damage coverage: Pays to repair your mobile home if it’s damaged by events covered by your policy. This can include fire, explosions, vandalism, wind, hail, and more.
- Personal property: Personal property covers items such as furniture and electronics if they are damaged and stolen. It’s a good idea to conduct a home inventory to understand how much your valuables are worth and, therefore, how much personal property coverage you need.
- Liability insurance: This portion of coverage helps to pay for costs if a visitor is hurt and sues you or you unintentionally cause property damage or injuries to others. This cover helps to pay for things like medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.
You can select more insurance to better protect your property and finances.
- Additional living expenses. If your property is damaged so badly that you must live elsewhere temporarily, additional living expenses coverage can help you pay for hotel rooms, restaurant meals, laundry expenses associated with being away from home.
- Trip collision coverage: Basic mobile home insurance protects your home when it’s secured to a spot – not when it’s moving from place to place. Trip collision coverage fills in this gap by offering protection when your home is being relocated.
Are you ready to secure reliable mobile home insurance for your needs? Contact the industry experts at Kneller Agency today!
Comments are closed.