Online Shopping Tips for Staying Safe This Holiday
Online shopping is so much easier and more convenient than fighting your way through the crowds in the mall. What’s more, there are many online exclusive bargains and products to be had this season, and it means you can get all of your holiday shopping done from the comfort of your couch. Be aware that while there are many benefits to shopping online, there are scams and mistakes to avoid. Check out our top tips on how to stay safe this season.
- Stick to websites you know and trust. Now isn’t the time to check out a new website that ships from a foreign location.
- Check out a website’s trust rating if you aren’t sure if the company is legitimate.
- Avoid using public Wi-Fi to shop as hackers are able to access the network and view your information.
- Look for HTTPS in the URL or a green padlock in the browser bar that will indicate the site is secure.
- Avoid clicking on links in emails. Remember that real sites won’t ask for important information over email.
- Update your browser to get a boost in security.
- Change your password regularly and make sure you use different passwords for different sites.
- Don’t leave browser tabs open, especially when you are in a public place.
- Check your bank statements regularly to catch any mistakes quickly.
- If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is.
We hope that these tips help you to stay safe online this season. When you are looking to get the most for your money, take out insurance with our experts at Kneller Agency. We are committed to protecting you so that you can relax and enjoy the holidays. Serving Chatham, Copake, Valatie, New Lebanon and beyond, contact us to get started.
Comments are closed.