Signs You Need an Umbrella Insurance Policy
We live in a litigious society. Lawsuits happen every day, for all kinds of reasons. They are the number one reason why an umbrella insurance policy is such a good idea for so many people. An umbrella policy gives you an added layer of liability protection over and beyond your current homeowner, auto, and other policies. In essence, when you have exhausted the liability in current policies, umbrella insurance kicks in to cover you.
An umbrella policy will help to protect your pocket when the worst happens. Say a guest gets injured on your property, he or she could make you liable for their medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, and lost wages. What’s more, they could file a suit against you if you are found to be negligible. Luckily, umbrella insurance can help cover you.
Check out the signs that indicate you should consider an umbrella policy:
- You have a swimming pool, hot tub, or trampoline. These are fun features to have in your backyard, but statistically, they are major culprits when it comes to injuries and lawsuits.
- You have several automobiles. The more vehicles and drivers in your home, the more vulnerable you are to incidents and lawsuits,
- You own a boat or ATV. These vehicles are fun and give you a sense of adventure. However, they can attract liability issues, especially when you are caught up in having fun, going fast, or are inexperienced behind the wheel.
- You have a dog. Although you may think that Fido would never hurt a soul, all it takes it one nip for a wall of liability issues to come crashing down on you.
- You regularly host parties with many guests. Home parties, especially during the festive season, are a great source of enjoyment. However, there’s always a chance that someone could get injured.
Are you still unsure if an umbrella insurance policy is right for you? For answers to all of your questions and guidance towards the right coverage, contact Kneller Agency in New York today.
Comments are closed.