Halloween night can be spooky for kids, but it’s even scarier for parents. Make sure your little ones stay safe this year with these easy Halloween safety tips.
While trick-or-treating with friends is every child’s idea of a great Halloween, parents know that safety it the key to having a truly happy Halloween. Do everything you can to make sure your kids have a great time this year and keep them safe by following these easy Halloween safety tips.
1) Make sure costumes fit. Costumes that are too big can make it difficult for your child to move around safely. Costumes that are too small can make your child feel uncomfortable.
2) Make sure you child is dressed for the weather. Wearing layers under their costume is a great way to keep them warm without ruining their look.
3) Be wary of Halloween masks and face makeup. Masks can obstruct your child’s vision and make it difficult to walk around safely. If your child wants to use face paint or makeup, then test it out on a small section of skin before covering their entire face. This way you can be sure they don’t react badly to the makeup.
4) Choose costumes that are made of flame resistant materials. This could save your child if they get a little too close to your neighbor’s jack-o-lantern.
1) Make sure your child never goes out alone. If your child wants to trick-or-treat without parental supervision, then make sure they go out with a group of trusted friends.
2) Before they leave, map out your child’s route. This way you have an idea of where they are at all times.
3) Warn your child to avoid visiting unfamiliar neighborhoods and advise them against taking shortcuts through parks, alleys, and backyards.
4) Make sure your child understands the dangers of running out into the street. Ask them to stay on sidewalks and to only cross the street at crosswalks.
5) Review “stranger danger” warnings and make sure your child knows to never enter someone’s house or accept a ride without clearing it with you first.
1) Ask your child not to eat any candy while they’re out. This will prevent them from choking or consuming unsafe treats.
2) Once your child returns home, go through their candy and discard any unwrapped and unlabeled treats.
3) Additionally, you should remove any homemade treats as well. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
When the big night arrives, follow these easy Halloween safety tips to make sure your kids have a great Halloween experience. Remember, another way to make sure your family stays safe is to have the protection they need. To get the right insurance for your needs, turn to the experts at Lofgren Agency in Hudson, New York. Contact us to get the coverage you need today!