Now that everyone is back to school and back to work, routine is in full swing! These busy mornings mean that many teenagers, children, and adults alike are skipping breakfast and going hungry until lunchtime.
These blueberry oatmeal muffins are quick to make and perfect to grab-and-go in the mornings!
Whip these up today!
- 1 2/3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2/3 cup)
- 33 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place oats in a food processor; pulse 5 to 6 times or until oats resemble coarse meal. Place in a large bowl.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flours and next 5 ingredients (through salt) to oats; stir well. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine buttermilk and next 3 ingredients (through eggs). Add to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- Toss berries with 2 tablespoons flour, and gently fold into batter. Spoon batter into 16 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle 2 tablespoons granulated sugar evenly over batter. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.
From Lofgren Agency, we hope that you enjoy this recipe! Let us know what you think in the comment.
For all of your insurance needs in Hudson and the neighboring cities in New York, contact us today!